Thursday, March 5, 2015

Book Review: Around The USA In 50 Craft Projects


It's been a very very long time since I reviewed a book, too long I decided! When I found out one of my favorite craft sites, Cut Out + Keep was publishing a book I knew I needed it. Luckily, I've worked with them a few times in the past and that helped me snag an early copy to review for you guys.
Read my thoughts about the book, plus get a little teaser from the publishers below!



You know what you don't see very often? A narrative element woven into a craft book. Cat Morley and Tom Waddington had an A+ idea when they came up with Around the USA in 50 Craft projects: Drawing on inspiration the pair gained while traveling through our nation on an epic road trip, they created a project (with a tutorial) for each state.

I traveled a lot during my childhood and as a budding adult I have a case of wanderlust that I'm sure will lead me to travel more as soon as I'm (financially) able. Reading about Cat and Tom's trip just made the itch a little bit stronger. For now I will have to settle for traveling vicariously through Venture though.
North Carolina's project, in honor of the Wright Brothers.
Reasons to Love this Book:
  • Loads of diverse tutorials
    • Many different crafts types
    • Varied skill ranges
    • A few recipes
    • Projects for guys and girls
  • Road trip stories
  • Bright, colorful photos
  • Awesome, talented people wrote it
I really enjoyed reading this book and already have 3-4 pages dogeared so I know which projects I want to do first. Wyoming's tutorial pictured below, is at the top of my list.
Jackalopes are one of my favorite animals.

Around the USA in 50 Craft Projects hits American shelves on March 17, 2015 (already for sale in Europe!) and if you love traveling and are crafty this book would be a great buy for you! It would also make a great gift for a friend in need of inspiration.


The folks at the publishing company not only gave me this book for review, they also wanted to give you, my readers, a little taste test of the book. If you click here, you'll find the PDF of the tutorial for the bottle cap ring (pictured above.)

Til Next Time!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, RaChil! Looks like fun, definitely considering buying it. I love the airplane theme for NC!

    ReplyDelete